Monday, November 21, 2005

Bruins 12, Everyone Else 24

Well I suppose it has been a while since I last posted. The only real excuse I can come up with was that I was waiting for the Bruins to win again. Since it has been such a long time, I decided to give up and accept that the B's may not win for a while. In the last six games they have been out scored 24-12...man it is tough to win with those numbers. Watching Boston in the 3rd period has become similar to watching a slow-motion car crash. They always seem to end up playing not to lose instead of playing to win and therefore, Boston is now on a 6 game skid. In the upcoming weeks, the Bruins take on Toronto, New Jersey, Philidelphia and Ottawa (twice) so these inflated numbers could get even uglier. So what is the solution? A coaching change? Player trades? Move the team to Ottawa? I am not sure. But what I will say is playing competively for a full 60 minutes will optimize the B's chance of winning enormously. Mike Sullivan needs to find a way to motivate his players or else it could be lights out for the young coach.
Despite the shabby play of Boston, my weekend was quite fun. It was rather low key and relaxing after a long Call For Help week in the studio. Kate From England did a great job of cheering me up and putting up with my grumpiness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home