Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Islanders 4, Bruins 3, Star Wars 3




If nothing else, last night's game between the New York Islanders and Boston Bruins was entertaining. Once again, the Bruins gave up the first two goals of the game and had to play catch up the rest of the way. Only 52 seconds into the first period Oleg Kvasha netted his first goal of the season beating Hannu Toivonen upstairs. Fearless leader, Joe Thornton, led the offense for the B's scoring an early assist and a late goal to push the game to overtime. In OT it was ex-Bruin, Shawn Bates, who scored with only 29 seconds left in the extra frame to seal the victory for the Isles. Although I was quite happy with getting a point on the road, it is getting more and more frustrating watching the B's consistently lose.
And what may you ask is the best cure for a bad dose of frustration? Well presents of course! A big thank you to my lovely girlfriend Kate, who noticed I was a little more than grouchy yesterday so she bought me Star Wars Episode III. I am not saying that I am a spoiled little boy who needs presents to cheer me up, but as usual Kate realized it is the little things she does that makes me smile. The token gifts, our simple jokes, and the fun nights we have together always put a smile on my face. Thanks again Babe!

1 Comments:

At 2:06 PM, Blogger Kate From England said...

As always, your smile is priceless...love you heaps babe.

K xx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home