Monday, November 28, 2005

$200/8 Wins = $25 per Victory


I have recently come to the conclusion that the NHL package so far has cost me $25 for every Bruins win this year...ouch. In fact, 2 of the Bruins 8 wins this year have been against the Toronto Maple Leafs and therefore I have not watched these wins via the NHL package. I would really like to justify paying $2oo per season but I find it hard when I see Joe Thornton lollygagging around his own defensive end for most of his shifts. Playing against Ottawa on Saturday, Thornton appeared happy to float at his own blue line and wait for the puck. He never seemed to be skating hard and as the team's captain, he is supposed to lead by example. Obviously the B's did not beat the Sens as they fell 4-2 and it was their second straight loss. They also lost to the Flyers 5-3 one day earlier, which I might add, was the first Bruins game I missed all year. My point? I have watched a lot of Boston and I am becoming less and less surprised with every loss. It has been a long time since I have seen consistent hard work by the team and if they are going to play crappy they deserve to lose. They need to play better and it needs to start with Joe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home