Friday, March 07, 2008

Long time...no post!

Hey all,
So perhaps it has been a bit long since I last updated this blog...oops. Hmm, stuff that is new...nothing really comes to mind...uh except Kate and I are now in Toronto (where we belong!), Kate has a new job and I couldn't be more proud of her. I am still waiting to hear back from a few options...so currently I am a kept man, but I don't anticipate that being for much longer (fingers-crossed). As Kate mentioned on her blog, we love our new apartment and being back. Apparently, it has been the worst February/March for snow in T.O. in a very long time...as you can tell, we both enjoy the snow over rainy Vancouver any day.
I don't want to bash Vancouver throughout this whole post (lord knows I had a year of doing that while in BC) but Toronto truly is where we belong...it is where our family (well half of Kate's) and friends are. Since arriving February 3rd...here is a list of folks who have made our transition back well worth it. These folks either helped us move in, had us over for dinner, had dinner with us in our new apartment or simply just met us for a drink to say "glad you are back".
- My dad and brother: I can't think of two other faces I would have rather seen when our plane landed.
-Peder and Patty Pedersen: These two held a kick-ass Super Bowl party the night we arrived and let us actually see the game (no TV in our house at the time). Not to mention everything they did to help us secure our wonderful apt. I won't mention who won the game:)
-Greg and Liz, Doon and Jane: Our first official apartment gathering...lots to drink, lots to eat and a little healthy Wii competition never hurt anyone! Fun nights with these four are worth the move back...period.
-Frank Linhares: Frank and his wife Sarah also came over for some eats and drinks (freaking Leafs beat the Bruins that night...but what is new of late?). Frank is a great friend and is, yet another, key player in helping us secure our new apartment! Thanks Frank...now get my PVR fixed!
-Monica Litonjua: A great friend who always brings over a huge amount of food and is always good for some hockey banter.
-Andy Walker, Amber MacArthur, Mike Lazazzera, Dave Ringer et al.: Amac organized a get together last Saturday for some TechTV alum and some CityTV peeps...and it was great to chill in a bar with old friends...Ringer didn't make it, but I did get the chance to catch up with him at a Digital Underground TV shoot.

Anyway, thanks to all our friends who have made our move back well worth it. After 4 weeks of being back, we have had far more fun than we did in 52 weeks in BC. I can definitely say we are both really happy and we still have a slue of people we haven't had the chance to catch up with yet...you know who you are! Here's to a great 2008 for Kate and I and to the Bruins NOT giving up more than 5 goals in a game for the next week or so!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home