Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Long time no post- trip summary

Hey all,
Kate and I recently took a trip to Ontario...let me tell you...tons of fun! First stop was Barrie, home of my brother and mother. It was great to see Casey (my bro) as it had been quite a few months since we last hung out. I bought him NHL'08 as a house warming present and being I have played about 75 games so far on my own, I figured I would smoke him...well needless to say it took about 3 games for him to get the hang of it and after that...I could barely keep the games competitive. Downtown Barrie is pretty much how I left it...drunken folks late at night and line ups to get into the lamest bars.
Next stop was Orillia and my dad's Thanksgiving dinner. Many Harrises (and an Abraham) under one roof, a Red Sox win and a Yankees lost makes for a happy Sunday dinner. I think it was worth the trip seeing my Grandma's smile as she looked across the room at the whole family.After a wicked visit with Darryl and Kristine (and all their cute little puppies), Ontariopalooza continued East to Brooklin, ON and to the new residence of Greg and Liz. Much like many fun nights was Gregger, we had a few bevies, played some fun games and watched the Bruins lose. The four of us made a trip to Sneaky Dees and this was a group shot after dinner and drinks:
Although I can't say enough for how great to was to see friends like Doon, Jane, Greg & Liz...Kate seemed to get food poisoning from Sneaky Dees (gee didn't see that coming) which made for an interesting night of sleep!
The final stop was downtown Toronto...our old stomping grounds. So weird when you go away from a city that has meant so much to you for so long, come back and realize very little has changed. I love Toronto and look forward to calling it home again sometime. The friends are great, seeing family is amazing and the city just seems like home. Our good friend Rob organized a 'come see us' party and, I have to say, it was the most fun either Kate or I have had in a long time. For those folks we saw on our vacation, thank you for making it a great time. If we missed you, we'll catch you next time. To everyone in general...cheer for them Red Sox...they need all the help they can get in game 5!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home