Wednesday, November 30, 2005

31.4 Seconds Away from a Point


SOOOOOO close. Man did that suck. Watching the Bruins at my lovely Xmas party last night was actually fun. However, I ended up leaving the party early (and the Bruins had a 2-1 lead) to watch the final period in the comfort of my own home. I am not sure what possessed me to do such a thing, in hindsight, it would have made more sense to drink copious amounts of free alcohol and ignore the final period which has brought me so much anguish this year. Going into last night, the Bruins had been outscored 39-25 in the final period and overtime this season. Why did I assume it would be any different last night in New Jersey? Despite Andrew Raycroft's 31 save heroics, the Bruins gave up two more goals in the final frame to lose 3-2 to the Devils. The game winning goal by Alexander Mogilny was scored with 31.4 seconds left in the game. Man did that suck. Poor Kate From England came home to see a very distraught and displeased boyfriend, sulking in bed. As usual, she had me laughing on my way to work this morning, making last night's crappy ending a faint memory. Unluckily for her (and Boston) the Bruins play against Ottawa on Thursday night and we get to do this whole dance again.

1 Comments:

At 6:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Matty Matt Matt- so cool to connect with you again. And slightly creepy that I can read about every single day of your life for the past 2 months...

Can't wait to meet Kate from England. I'm sure we can commiserate about being hockey widows... Although she seems to have taken to the role far better than me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home