Thursday, January 12, 2006

Joe's Return a Joke and Where is #33?

Well I have had two days to recover from what was one pathetic ass game. I cannot imagine being a hockey fan in Boston, going to the Garden to see the return of a home town hero like Joe Thornton only to see him kicked out in the first 6 minutes on a blown call! The two refs, Chris Rooney, Francois St. Laurent are both first year refs and St. Laurent (not the one who made the BRUTAL call) did his first NHL game at the end of November! Why these two rookies were chosen to do such a high-profile game I will never know. Obviously Rooney wanted to make some name for himself and take the spotlight off of Joe and put it on himself. I could be wrong, but look for a similar rant this Saturday from Don Cherry.
As for the game, the Bruins were horrible in their own zone and played an all-round sloppy game. It was as if they were more concerned about Joe being kicked out than actually playing hockey. The B's lost 6-2 and Andrew Raycroft was pulled with 4 minutes to go in the second period. Although none of the 5 goals were solely Raycroft's fault, he certainly was not the same Raycroft he was two years ago. In fact, I am having hard time remembering any game this year in which Raycroft was the deciding factor in a Boston win. It appears he is fighting the puck and generally gives up weak goals that his counterpart Hannu Toivonen stops routinely. I am not saying I am not a Raycroft fan, I think he is a great goalie, I am just saying someone or something needs to be said/done to put him back on track. Until this happens every time I don't see #33 between the pipes I shudder at this image:

1 Comments:

At 3:38 PM, Blogger KUYAZ said...

last night wasn't any good either. sorry about the 6-0 blank.
anyway, my habs are doing crapass as well. we are both gunning for higher draft picks... haha.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home