Monday, April 03, 2006

Work is Good, but I am LOST Without my Crack.

Sitting at my desk, trying to get some work done and I realize I have not posted for a while so I thought WTF...why don't I post now?! And here we are.
The last week or so has been busy as I try and balance two shows. We shot 15 Call For Help episodes last week and Torrent premieres on Thursday April 13th @ 20:00 on G4TechTV...woo hoo! (we also have 3 episodes of Torrent completed). So enough about work...Kate and I had a relaxing weekend (got to use the hot tub and chill out) and we are FINALLY up to date with Lost. Now we must be at the mercy of our new dealer: the lovely folks at ABC. There is only so much BitTorrent can do to get you episodes; you can't very well get them before they are released which sucks because I need another fix. Perhaps my original addiction of 24 will settle me until Wednesday.
And it is official; the Boston Bruins are not going to make the NHL playoffs this year. Oh I know, big shock to you all now, but coming into the season they were picked by many prognosticators to be in the top 4 in the Eastern Conference. So much promise at the beginning of the year with new players like Zhamnov, McEachern, Scatchard, Isbister and Brian Leetch. Andrew Raycroft was supposed to be the answer to the goaltending question that has long been asked since the absence of Andy Moog (yeah okay, I suppose Byron Dafoe had a good year in there somewhere too, but alas he went to Atlanta after the B's wouldn't pay him what he was worth). But much like many of the underachieving Bruins this year, Raycroft got hit with the sophomore jinx and lost his starting job twice in the same year! Young goalies like Hannu Toivonen and Tim Thomas stepped up to ensure the Bruins were at least somewhat competitive but without any supporting cast, their efforts were wasted. I have ranted enough about the trades made over the past year, so I will leave that one alone, accept to say that I hope the new GM is willing to get good players and pay them what they are worth. Otherwise it will be another 25 years before the B's win the Cup as no one will want to play in Boston.
Tomorrow it going to be a fun day, get to go see the band Korn in Toronto. And yes I am aware I just turned 27 years old and I am going to a Korn concert. To be honest, I am more looking forward to spending time with my brother Casey than seeing the band. I don't see him enough and it will be fun to hang out with him and Collart. Perhaps now that I am 27, I will swerve the mosh pit...perhaps.

2 Comments:

At 9:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i want a torrent shirt!!!!!!!!!

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger Kate From England said...

Have fun at Korn tonight baby...it's about time you had some downtime. Careful moshing though, you aren't as young as you used to be!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home